February 12, 1815
Edward Forbes - Manx naturalist - born
Edward Forbes, born Feb. 12, 1815, Douglas, Isle of Man was a naturalist, pioneer in the field of biogeography, who analyzed the distribution of plant and animal life of the British Isles as related to certain geological changes.
While a me
What else happened today on February 12
- February 12, 1624
- George Heriot, goldsmith to King James VI and founder of George Heriot's School, died.
- February 12, 1782
- The right of habeas corpus is introduced in Ireland
- February 12, 1820
- The ships East Indian and Fanny, with about 350 Irish emigrants aboard, leave Cork for Cape Colony, carrying some of the "1820 settlers"
- February 12, 1846
- Rev Henry Duncan, founder of the world-wide savings bank movement, died near Ruthwell.
- February 12, 1848
- John Mitchel publishes first United Irishmen
- February 12, 1923
- Birth in Castledawson, Co. Derry / Londonderry of James Chichester-Clark, Northern Ireland Prime Minister from 1969 to 1971