September 27, 1891
Last public speech of Parnell-Irish statesman at Creggs Co. Galway Ireland
What else happened today on September 27
- September 27, 1662
- An "act for encouraging Protestant strangers and others to inhabit and plant in the kingdom of Ireland" is passed in the Irish Parliament under Charles II
- September 27, 1725
- Patrick Darcy, scientist and soldier, is born in Kitulla, Co.Galway
- September 27, 1831
- Scotland's first passenger railway opened (between Glasgow and Garnkirk).
- September 27, 1926
- Tim O'Keeffe, publisher, is born in Kinsale, Co. Cork
- September 27, 1938
- The, 80,000-ton liner Queen Elizabeth, then the largest passenger ship ever built, launched at John Brown's shipyard, Clydebank.
- September 27, 1948
- Singer Barbara Dickson, born.